What are the Best Tactical Knee Pads for Paintball: Alta vs. BLACKHAWK!
What is the one airsoft/paintball playing gear that we don’t even think twice about when investing in our equipment? Knee pads! These are perhaps the most underrated pieces of gear that while clearly being very important, are often ignored by players.
In actuality, good quality knee pads will protect your knees and joints from injuries and abrasions while not only playing airsoft/paintball but also while biking, hiking and a number of other outdoor sports. Be sure to invest in a pair of good quality and durable knee pads!
Best Tactical Knee Pads for Airsoft and Paintball
Alta AltaFLEX Knee Protector Pad Review
Even though the packaging of this particular brand of knee pads clearly states that the Alta Tactical AltaFlex Knee Pad can, in no account, be used for athletic applications, still its popularity is largely among those who take part in outdoor sporting activities, whether for fun or competition.
Fitted with comfortable and thick padding, these pads are quite durable and can also be adjusted according to size.
The material of the kneepads isn’t what many would come to expect, instead of being of rigid and plastic-like material; these are made of an incredibly flexible and hard rubber material which is sturdy as well.
The upper strap consists of flexible elastic that fits snugly against the lower quads and above the knee, while the lower strap is an adjustable Du Pont Cordura made strap.
This highly versatile and comfortable knee pad allows for swift movement and bending of the knee and is an ideal piece of gear for paintball and airsoft players as well as construction workers who will surely appreciate the comfort and quality of the Alta SupeFlex Knee Pads.
- Comes in Coyote Tan
- Made in the USA
- Assembly isn’t required
- Size can be adjusted
- Brand: Alta Tactical
- Dimensions: 1x2x2 inches
- Weight at the time of shipping: 13.6 ounces
BLACKHAWK! Advanced Tactical Knee Pads V.2 Review
A truly outstanding product, the BLACKHAWK Advanced Tactical Knee Pads is the one piece of safety gear that will appeal to even the most hardcore airsoft players.
Not only are they comfortable and can be adjusted according to size but this particular product looks identical to the real deal it’s named after.
Movement isn’t restricted with these knee pads, no matter what you are doing. The material is soft with enough padding to protect the knee and act as a cushion in a fall. It’s not a sleeve styled knee pad and can be used for skateboarding and most other outdoor sports as well.
- An injection-molded flex cap design
- Features padded extensions that provide added comfort and much-improved strap positioning
- When flexed, the gap between the bottom of the cap and the nylon carrier is minimized
- Has a closed cell foam padding that provides excellent resistance against shock
- Has the benefit of little or no moisture retention
- A contoured interior ledge helps the pad from slipping downwards
- Comes in the colors black, olive tan, coyote tan, and foliage green
Alta AltaCONTOUR Knee Protector Pad Review
Offering players protection like never before and not seen on other knee pads, the Alta AltaCONTOUR Knee Protector Pad bends when you bend your knee. The technology and products that Alta Tactical is most famous for delivering is, after all, a result of 35 years of product research and development, all of which were taken into view when designing the Contour Knee Pad.
With its biometric design, users can now move any way they want while still being comfortable. Made from a durable material, the straps can be adjusted to fit most sizes quite comfortably.
For extra comfort, the knee pads also feature a dual strapping system that effectively deals with the issue of bunching as well as ensuring that no compromise is placed on easy mobility.
- The biomechanical design provides for better knee movement as well as a comfortable fit
- Can be adjusted according to most sizes
- A non-slip rubber slip on the back holds the entire piece together in the place
- A finished and brushed tricot liner removes moisture and keeps out debris and dirt
- Comes in the colors black, coyote, OD green and MultiCam