Best Jogging Stroller in 2018 - Chicco vs. Graco vs. BOB
As a Mom you’re always short on time and there are so many jogging strollers on the market that it’s very time consuming trying to weigh up the pros and cons, deciding which one to choose.
This post covers all types of jogging strollers to find exactly what you need, however if you need a specific type of stroller, check out related posts under this one.
Best Jogging Strollers
#1 Chicco TRE Performance Jogging Stroller – Best Jogging Stroller 2018
Chicco TRE Performance Jogging Stroller stands out as soon as you see it, with large, bright blocks of color! I really love the colors it comes in too (green or red). It isn’t difficult to put together and is easy to collapse with one hand. It feels like it is a very solid build and although it’s quite bulky, it folds up smaller than you would expect it to and when folded it stands upright. It pushes along very smoothly and the large wheels and front swivel wheel handle rough terrain very well.
The handlebar has four height positions, allowing comfortable use for people of different heights. A very useful feature of the handlebar is that you can control the front swivel wheel, parking brake and deceleration brake from it! This allows me to confidently take a break while taking a break partway down a hill.
Unfortunately, the basket isn’t as big on this stroller as I would like it to be – but all the essentials fit in there. As it is quite bulky, I find it quite heavy to lift. I honestly can’t think of many downsides to this stroller though, it’s a great all-rounder.
This stroller is my best jogging stroller – it really stands out with its blocks of bright color and is an all-rounder.
- It comes in lovely bright colors (green or red)
- Easy to put together
- You can collapse it with one hand
- A good solid build
- Folds up smaller than you would expect it to
- Stands upright when folded so that you don’t have to prop it up
- Pushes along very smoothly
- Large wheels and front swivel wheel which handle rough terrain very well
- Handlebar has four height positions, allowing comfortable use for people of different heights
- You can control the front swivel wheel, parking brake and deceleration brake from the handlebar – you can stop on hills with confidence
- The basket is quite small – but all the essentials fit in there
- It is quite bulky
- It is quite heavy to lift in and out of your vehicle
#2 Graco Relay Click Connect Jogging Stroller – Loaded with Extras
Graco Relay Click Connect Jogging Stroller comes with lots of things that you’d have to buy as accessories for other strollers, which is great as it feels almost as though you get a lot of extras – including an armrest bar (which can be removed).
It has reflective material, making it much safer to use for jogging when it is dusk or night time. The whole design just looks very sleek and streamlined The parent console is fantastic, with storage with a zipper, a phone pocket and a cup holder.
It reclines in many positions, allowing comfort, and its canopy protects the child using it from UV and protects them from the elements. It is quick and easy to fold, I can do it with one hand.
The suspension is fantastic and the seat also looks very comfortable. I like the fact that the arm and shoulder straps are separate, so you don’t have to half force your child’s arms through a strap like you often have to do on other strollers. My only problems with this stroller are related to storage. It’s difficult to access the basket underneath from the back like you usually would and the console doesn’t seem sturdy enough for holding a cup to me.
This stroller comes with lots of things you’d have to buy as accessories for other strollers and is fantastic, if slightly lacking in storage. The Graco Relay Click Connect Jogging Stroller is my second best jogging stroller this year.
- It comes with lots of things that you’d have to buy as accessories for other strollers
- It has an armrest bar (which can be removed)
- It looks very sleek and streamlined
- It has reflective material, making it safer to use when jogging at dusk, dawn or nighttime
- Great parent console with zipper storage, a phone pocket and a cup holder
- It reclines in many positions
- It has a very comfortable looking seat
- It has an adequate canopy to effectively protect your child from the elements and harmful UV rays
- It is quick and easy to fold, I can do it with one hand
- The arm and shoulder straps are separate, allowing you to get your child in and out with ease
- There is not as much storage as I would like, although there is enough for the essentials
- It’s difficult to access the basket underneath from the back as you usually would, I had to access it from the sides
- The cup holder doesn’t seem very sturdy – I’m not sure I’d trust it enough to use it
#3 BOB Revolution FLEX Duallie Stroller – Great Double Stroller
I love the fact that BOB has a swivelling-locking front wheel, making the stroller a lot more stable and easier to manoeuvre when I’m jogging on rough terrain. There’s not many things I dislike more than when a wheel gets jammed and I have to stop when I’m mid-jog!
The handlebar is fantastic as it has 9 positions, which is very useful when people of very different heights are going to be using it like my partner and I. The stroller has great suspension and feels so lightweight and easy to push that it doesn’t hold you back. I also really like the amount of storage room there is in the basket – it’s massive!
One downside is that it is quite wide, bulky and heavy. This means it can be difficult to move it through some doorways and it may not fit in all vehicles, although the front wheel is removable which is helpful. It is quite awkward trying to lift it into the car.
Another downside is that it is a learning curve collapsing it and unfolding it the first few times. Otherwise, it is brilliant and worth the price tag!
This stroller has lots of different handlebar positions and has lots of storage room which is great for Moms like me who like to be prepared for any eventuality!
- It has a swivelling-locking front wheel, making it a lot more stable and easier to manoeuvre when jogging on rough terrain
- The handlebar has 9 positions, which is so useful for when people of very different heights are going to be using It, like my partner and I
- The stroller has great suspension
- It is lightweight and easy to push – you don’t feel like it’s holding you back
- The storage basket is massive!
- It is wide, which means I had trouble getting it through some doorways and it may not fit in all vehicles
- It is bulky and heavy, making it awkward to lift into the car
- It is initially difficult to collapse and fold it; it’s a learning curve the first few times!
#4 Baby Trend Expedition Jogger Stroller – Many Colors Available
One of the first things I noticed was that this stroller has a choice of 5 colors, which is much more of a variety of colors than is offered for most strollers! My personal favorite is? Bubble Gum’, with just the right amount of color, the pink is perfect for a little girl. The other colors are great too, though – it has a very sporty look about it!
Easy and fast to put together, the inflated bicycle tires make it so easy to push along, even when jogging on rough terrain. The basket seems very sturdy and you can fit lots of things in it, it’s a really good size. Unlike a lot of other jogging strollers, it is fairly lightweight, making it much more practical for petite women like myself to move and lift.
It has a tray with two cup holders, which is perfect for my water when jogging and grabbing a coffee when I’m just walking. Although it is easy to fold it up, it folds up in a very strange way which I find a little awkward. While it is compact in comparison to a lot of other jogging strollers, it still takes up a large amount of room in the trunk!
This stroller comes in a choice of 5 lovely colors and is a fairly lightweight option.
- It comes in 5 colors (much more variety than you get with most jogging strollers – my favorite is Bubble Gum, perfect for my little girl!)
- It looks very sporty
- It’s easy and fast to put together
- The inflated bicycle tires make it very easy to push along, even when jogging on rough terrain
- The basket is large and seems very sturdy
- It is quite lightweight, making it ideal for more petite women like myself
- It has a tray with two cup holders – perfect for my water when jogging and grabbing a coffee when I’m just walking
- It folds up in a strange way – it’s a little awkward
- While it’s more compact than some jogging strollers, it still take sup a lot of room in the trunk!
#5 Baby Jogger City Mini Stroller – Very Smooth And Easy To Push
“Wow”, is the first thing that comes to mind with this stroller – it is so smooth and easy to push, it simply glides along without much effort. It moves very nicely over rough terrain, it even pushes very nicely along the beach!
The canopy is brilliant as it is very large and therefore protects your child from the sun and wind very well. It also has side vents that stay open with magnetic closures, which is a nice touch!
This stroller is also very easy to fold, I could do it with one hand – which is always very useful when you have young children! With hard wheels, it’s fantastic as there’s no need to pump them up and no risk of punctures. This stroller looks great too, style has in no way been compromised for practicality.
My biggest complaint would have to be the basket underneath. It isn’t that easy to access and it’s not big enough to hold all the essentials you may need when going out for a walk or jog with your child. Also, it’s quite large, so you may need an SUV if you wanted to take it with you when you go out in the car.
This jogging stroller glides along like a dream and has a fantastically large canopy.
- It is so smooth and easy to push, it glides along with barely any effort
- It moves very well over rough terrain and even pushes well on the beach
- The canopy is very large, protecting children from the sun and wind
- It has side vents that stay open with magnetic closures
- It is very easy to fold, I can do it with one hand
- It has hard wheels which don’t need to be pumped up and there is no risk of punctures
- It looks great – style has not been compromised for practicality
- The basket isn’t big enough to hold all the essentials I need when going for a walk or job
- The basket underneath isn’t very easy to access
- It is very large, so you would probably need an SUV if you want to take it out in the trunk of your car
#6 Baby Jogger City Select Double Stroller – Another Great Double Stroller Made For Jogging
I love this double stroller – I can put the two youngest kids in it and they can interact with each other and entertain each other while I’m running errands.
You can remove a seat if you don’t need to use both and you can have the seats on the stroller in a variety of ways (I don’t want my kids looking right at each other if they’re feeling argumentative!)
Easy to put together, the seats are easy to adjust, (they can go flat if they want to nap), and it seems comfortable for the children. It pushes very smoothly and I love the handbrake, which is located on the handlebar – all you have to do is just pull it and the stroller won’t move anywhere!
The add-on glider board is wonderful! My four year old is on the small side and can ride on it while his brother and sister are in the stroller.
As with seemingly all jogging strollers, it is bulky and heavy. While it’s difficult to lift and put in the car, this one is fairly compact and I haven’t had any trouble getting through the doorways of shops.
A great double stroller that allows kids to interact and it has an add-on glider board!
- Children can be facing each other, allowing them to interact and entertain each other while you’re running errands
- You can remove a seat if you don’t need to use both
- You can configure the seats in a variety of ways – they don’t need to be facing each other if they’re feeling argumentative
- It’s easy to put together
- The seats are easy to adjust and can be reclined flat if you child wants a nap
- It seems a comfortable ride for the children
- It pushes along very smoothly
- It has a very effective handbrake, the control for which is located on the handlebar
- The add-on glider board is wonderful – my small four year old can ride on it while his brother and sister are in the stroller
- It’s fairly compact considering it’s a double jogging stroller, I haven’t had any trouble getting through doorways
- It is bulky
- It is heavy to lift
#7 Chicco Activ3 Jogging Stroller – Affordable Value Packed Jogging Stroller
The canopy is amazing on this stroller, you can pull it out so that it completely covers the baby from the sun and has a tinted peek-a-boo window so that I can look in and check that she’s okay.
The stroller is easy to manoeuvre and has excellent suspension, it looks like a comfortable ride. The suspension seems to absorb the impact for all types of terrain and the wheels don’t need pumping, which is a plus.
The storage on this stroller is quite ample – it has a basket under the stroller (although it would be better if this was bigger and more accessible), as well as zippered pockets and places for drinks and snacks to fuel up.
It stands on its own when folded which is great and the adjustable handle has a good range – meaning my partner (who is very tall at 6”3’) doesn’t hurt his back pushing it.
However, it’s awkward, bulky and heavy which makes it difficult for petite people like me to lift into a car. It’s also difficult to steer in small spaces such as in shops, so although it’s great for jogging with, I wouldn’t recommend it for running errands.
This jogging stroller has great suspension and a brilliant canopy.
- The canopy can be pulled out so that it completely covers the baby from the sun and has a tinted peek-a-boo window so that I can look in and check that she’s okay
- It’s easy to manoeuvre
- It has excellent suspension – it seems to absorb the impact on all kinds of terrain and looks like a comfortable ride
- The wheels don’t need pumping
- It has a fairly ample amount of storage – it has a basket under the stroller, as well as zippered pockets and places for drinks and snacks to fuel up
- It stands on its own when folded
- It has an adjustable handle which has a good range of heights
- It would be better if the basket was a bit bigger and more accessible
- It is awkward, bulky and heavy, making it difficult for more petite people to lift into the car
- It’s difficult to steer in small spaces such as shops, so although it’s great for jogging with, I wouldn’t recommend it for running errands
#8 – Graco Fastaction Fold Jogger Click Connect Stroller – Brilliant Handling on Rough Terrain
This stroller handles absolutely brilliantly on rougher terrain, meaning that nowhere is off-limits to me when I’m jogging! I love that even though I have children, with this stroller I have the freedom to jog wherever I want.
It’s a very comfortable ride for children, even when the ground is very uneven and bumpy. This stroller is well made and has lots of compartments. It’s easy to put together and it has big wheels, allowing you to push it with ease – and it pushes along very smoothly!
It is easy to fold up and stands up by itself, which is useful. It has cup holders for both adults and children, which is great, and an adequately sized basket underneath the stroller.
It is very heavy and bulky, as all jogging strollers are, which makes it awkward to lift and move. Unfortunately, the handlebar doesn’t go that low on this stroller, making it more uncomfortable for shorter women like myself to use – but it’s no problem for my partner. It is very big and I have to take off the wheels to put it in my car every single time, which is frustrating.
This stroller is well made and has lots of compartments!
- It handles absolutely brilliantly on rougher terrain, meaning nowhere is off-limits to me when jogging
- It is a comfortable ride for children, even when the ground is very uneven and bumpy
- It feels well made
- It has lots of compartments
- It is easy to put together
- It has very big wheels, allowing you to push it along with ease – it’s very smooth
- It is easy to fold
- It stands up by itself
- It has cup holders for both adults and toddlers
- It has an adequately sized basket
- The handlebar doesn’t go very low on this stroller, making it more uncomfortable for shorter women to use
- It’s quite big and bulky
- I had to take the wheels off every time I wanted to put it in my car, which I found frustrating
#9 – Bumbleride Speed Jogging Stroller – Most Stylish Jogging Stroller in 2018
When I first saw this stroller, the first thing I thought was “That’s so stylish!” It has a very sleek design. It is made with lovely eco-friendly fabrics, which is something that very much appeals to me. It comes with an air pump for the tyres, which is useful..
The handlebar is adjustable, which is much needed with the height difference between my partner and I. The canopy does a pretty good job of protecting babies from the elements, even with the baby fully reclined. It’s easy to set up and when you get going it is so easy to steer and push, even on rougher terrains. The speed 3 steering is fantastic, making it handle walking, jogging and running very well.
In comparison to most other jogging strollers on the market, it’s also very lightweight and fairly compact! It is a little bit tricky trying to fold it up at first, but you soon get used to it. The front swivel wheel is fantastic.
Unfortunately, the window on the canopy could be placed better as if you’re pushing your child from behind you can’t really see them. It would also be good if the storage basket was just a little bigger, but I can’t really complain very much about this stroller.
This is a very stylish jogging stroller and is eco-friendly too!
- It has a very sleek design and looks very stylish
- It’s made with beautiful eco-friendly fabrics
- It comes with an air pump for the tires
- The handlebar is adjustable (much needed for the height difference between my partner and I)
- The canopy is quite good at protecting babies from the elements, even when they are fully reclined
- It’s easy to set up
- It’s very easy to steer and push, even on rougher terrains
- The speed 3 steering is fantastic – it handles walking, jogging and running very well
- It’s lightweight and fairly compact in comparison to most other jogging strollers on the market
- It is a little bit tricky trying to fold it up at first (although you soon get used to it)
- The window on the canopy could be better placed – if you’re pushing your child from behind you can’t really see them
- I’d prefer the storage basket to be a little bit bigger
#10 – GB X1 Urban Runner
I just LOVE the design of this jogging stroller – the angular design of it looks very futuristic and modern. I also adore the fact that when you fold it up it is so lightweight and has an integrated strap so that you can carry it around with you, should you need to. If your living space is small, it’s very convenient as it doesn’t take much room up at all when folded!
This stroller also has an adjustable handle, making it suitable for people of varying heights to use comfortably. The suspension is good, giving the baby a very comfortable ride and it’s so easy to manoeuvre.
The canopy on this stroller also extends very far over the baby, protecting her from the elements.
It doesn’t have as much storage as I’d like, but that’s the price you pay for such a lightweight and compact stroller, I guess!
Although setting it up was easy, I find it quite difficult to fold and unfold. The seats on this stroller also don’t look especially comfortable to me and it doesn’t feel as though it’s as safe as other strollers for the baby as it’s not as robust.
This jogging stroller is very lightweight and has a modern design.
- It has a futuristic/modern looking angular design
- It is very lightweight
- It’s easy to set up
- When you fold it up, it has an integrated strap so that you can carry it around with you
- It doesn’t take up much room when folded, making it convenient in small living spaces
- It has an adjustable handlebar, making it suitable for people of varying heights to use comfortably
- It has good suspension, giving the baby a very comfortable ride
- It’s very easy to manoeuvre
- The canopy extends very far over the baby, protecting them from UV rays and rain
- It doesn’t have much storage space (probably as it’s so compact)
- It is quite difficult to fold and unfold
- The seat doesn’t look especially comfortable
- It isn’t very robust, so I’m not sure it’s as safe as other strollers might be for the baby
I hope that has given you a better view of what jogging strollers are available and hopefully you are one step closer to making the correct decision for you and buying one! Whether your top priority is good suspension, a cup holder or ample storage space, I am sure you will make the right choice for you and be very happy with your decision.