Marcato Atlas Wellness 150 Pasta Maker Review: is it the Best Manual Pasta Maker?
Marcato, a company that has been making pasta makers since 1938. One of the top selling pasta makers that Marcato makes is the Marcato Atlas 150 Pasta Maker, which is also happens to be one of the top rated and selling models in the world.
One company that is synonymous with pasta machines is Marcato, a company that has been making pasta makers since 1938. One of the top selling pasta makers that Marcato makes is the Marcato Atlas Wellness 150 Pasta Maker, which is also happens to be one of the top rated and selling models in the world.
Marcato Atlas Wellness 150 Pasta Maker Review
Years of experience in designing and producing high-quality pasta makers led them to the design of Marcato Atlas 150, which incorporates a heavy duty steel construction with the authentic look and designed that Marcato is known for.
It also includes a gift recipe that will have making pasta and cooking like an authentic Italian chef.
The Marcato Atlas Pasta Maker is an authentic pasta maker that looks great in any kitchen and designed to be very simple to use. The Atlas is an Italian masterpiece made of chrome plated steel and includes rollers and cutters that are made of anodized aluminum.
Marcato, a company that has been making pasta makers since 1930. One of the top selling pasta makers that Marcato makes is the Marcato Atlas Pasta Maker, which is also happens to be one of the top rated and selling models in the world.
They come in nine different colors that allows it to blend smoothly into the any kitchen. It easily clamps on to most table and counter tops and includes a long crank handle to help you smoothly crank out delicious pasta of your choosing.
- The body of the Atlas 150 is made of chrome plated steel that comes in nine different colors. The rollers and cutters uses Marcato’s latest innovation and is built with anodized aluminum alloy, this prevents metal residue from being released onto the dough.
- It comes with ten different positions for regulating the knob in order to regulate the thickness of the dough sheet that is going through the rollers. They can be positions from 4.8 millimeters at position 0, down to 0.6 millimeters at position 9.
- It comes with a clamp that will hold the machine securely to a table or countertop.
- A long crank makes it easier to push the dough through the rollers.
- It also comes with an instruction manual and a recipe book with fantastic recipes to get you started right away.
- The pasta maker can be used with 12 different accessory pasta cutters that enable you to make noodles of different shapes and sizes.
- The Marcato Atlas Pasta Maker is designed with a patented bayonet fitting that will allow you to use a Pastadrive electric motor attachment that will make your make your job even easier.
How to Use
The Marcato Atlas Wellness 150 Pasta Maker is very easy to set up and use and will have you cranking out fresh pasta in no time. First you want to find a clean working space, whether it be on a table or countertop.
You also want to make sure that the edge of the table or countertop is thin enough for the screw-on clamp to be able to grip and hold the pasta maker firmly to the surface. You don’t want the machine shaking as your using it because it may cause you to pull or break the pasta dough.
Once the pasta maker is firmly attached to your workplace, you can begin making pasta. The dial on the side adjusts the thickness of the pasta coming out. You can easily pull the dial and adjust the rollers to 9 different settings, allowing you to create pasta as thick or thin as you want it.
Before its first use, you may want to wipe the machine with a dry cloth to clean off any oils and run some spare dough or dry cloth through the rollers to absorb any excess oil.
After you have your pasta dough ready, simply feed it through the roller as you turn the crank to push the dough through. You will want to repeat this process several times while folding the dough over every time and adding flour when necessary to keep it from sticking to the rollers.
When the dough is adequately flattened, adjust the dial to your preferred setting and run the dough through again.
When your pasta dough is at your desired thickness, you can easily slide the cutting roller along its track above the flattening rollers. Remove the handle from the flattening rollers and attach it to the cutting rollers.
Pass your pasta sheet through the cutting roller while cranking the handle, and out will come fresh home-made pasta, ready for drying then cooking.
Keeping the past maker clean is both quick and easy. You want to first use a dry brush to remove any excess flour of the machine. Then you can use a damp cloth to clean the pasta maker and dry after with a dry cloth.
Whenever necessary, add a couple drops of Vaseline oil to the rollers to keep them turning smoothly. Do not use water or detergent to clean the machine, it will cause it to rust and clog up.
- Marcato Atlas Pasta Maker Made of chrome-plated stainless steel, the body not only looks sturdy but feels sturdy. The simple and authentic design makes it easy to use and pushes out pasta quickly and efficiently.
- The dial is easy to use and allows for a wide variety of settings to adjust the thickness of you pasta sheets. It’s easy to put together and quick to clean.
- The Marcato Atlas Wellness 150 Pasta Maker can be difficult to use without two people. One person is needed to feed the dough through the rollers and crank the handle, and one person is needed to catch the noodles as it comes out. The detachable handle can sometimes fall out when turning the handle.
The Marcato Atlas Wellness 150 Pasta Maker is a great machine and is the one used in most in most homes. It is simple to use and maintain. If you want a dependable machine that makes great fresh pasta every time and looks authentic, then this pasta maker is the right choice.